Native American Style Drone Flute 7 Hole Key of E
This is a 7 hole Extended Scale drone with the seventh hole being the thumb hole on the back of the flute. To play the flute as a standard 6 hole configuration, keep the thumb hole covered.
Flute body is made of Padauk wood and the accents are of Curly Maple wood. Flame carving complements the natural fiery color of the Padauk wood. Flute is finished with Lacquer and the inside of the sound chamber is left unsealed to preserve the natural resonance of wood. Padauk is a dense hardwood and it produces warm yet crisp and concentrated tone.
– Overall Length – 27 inches
– Bore Diameter – 1 inch
– From mouth end to the center of 6th hole – 11 and 3/4th inches
– From mouth end to the center of 1st hole – 18 and 1/2 inches
– Largest distance between playing holes (hole 3 to 2) is 1 and 3/8th inches
– Largest playing hole diameter is 3/8th of an inch