This is a 7 hole Extended Scale drone with the seventh hole being the thumb hole on the back of the flute. Included with the drone is a leather strap which you can use to cover the seventh thumb hole to play the flute as a standard 6 hole configuration.
Flute body is made of Aspen wood and the accents are of Walnut wood. Flute is finished with Lacquer and the inside of the sound chamber is left unsealed to preserve the natural resonance of wood. Aspen is a medium density hardwood and it produces warm tone.
– Overall Length – 24 inches
– Bore Diameter – 7/8th of an inch
– From mouth end to the center of 6th hole – 11 inches
– From mouth end to the center of 1st hole – 17 inches
– Largest distance between playing holes (hole 3 to 2) is 1 and 1/2 inches
– Largest playing hole diameter is 5/16th of an inch